Are you aged between 18 and 30 years old? Are you currently unemployed? Are you looking for some guidance? Would you like to get involved in a project that is meaningful to you? Enrol in the Capstan program!
Experience life aboard the EcoMaris sailboat in the context of a 2-week expedition. You will be guided by sailing specialists who will share their passion for maritime life.
Find out about yourself
A trip like no other!
Your involvement in this special adventure could allow you to:
- Learn about yourself in a different way and meet exciting challenges
- Broaden your horizons and meet new people
- Learn about the St. Lawrence and maritime professions
- Prepare for a future you really want
Here’s what to double-check while packing your bag:
- You must have a desire to shake up your routine
- You must be ready to enrol in this program from beginning to end, including its 1-year follow-up
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- You must be unemployed
- Students are not eligible
- You must be available for the training sessions as well as for the 2-week program aboard the sailboat.
A CJE, an ally
Quebec’s CJEs are precious allies to the Capstan program. Your first meeting at a CJE (to evaluate your specific needs) will allow you to determine which program can help you reach your goals (going back to school, changing careers, finding a job, etc.). Your CJE counsellor will guide you through the necessary steps before and after the expedition.
A clear plan made with your CJE counsellor can dramatically enhance your experience.
For additional information, please contact Joëlle Boily at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 418-800-1126, extension 2
Feedback from participants
(on the importance of follow-ups)
What is a Capstan?
A capstan is a machine with a spinning vertical cylinder, used to pull the anchor or tense various ropes on a traditional sailboat. A capstan is useful to combine the strengh of many crew members to pull, hold or control a heavy load.
This program is financedthrough the Canada-Quebec Contribution Agreement, which supports Quebec youth and receives the financial help of the federal government, more specificallythrough the regional section of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy.
This program was made possible by Quebec’s CJEs and CLEs. Thank you for your trust!